psqlodbc/iODBC/MacOSX/Office problem, no tables listed.

От Giuliano Gavazzi
Тема psqlodbc/iODBC/MacOSX/Office problem, no tables listed.
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Dear list,

I have just installed postgres 3.7.1 and psqlodbc-7.2.5 on a MacOS X
10.2 machine with iODBC (iODBC-SDK-3.5.3).
I have successfully connected using a test odbc application, I can
from this same application obtain the table list (it uses SQLTables).

The question:

My problem is that I cannot get the list of tables from Microsoft
Query in Excel for MacOS X.

I have snooped the communication and I have found this query :

select relname, nspname, relkind from pg_class, pg_namespace where
relkind in ('r','v') and relname !~ '^pg_|^dd_' and pg_namespace.oid
= relnamespace order by nspname, relname

this is the same that I can snoop for the test application, so I
guess it is how the driver translates SQLTables.

Also:

test=# select relname, nspname, relkind from pg_class, pg_namespace
test-# where relkind in ('r', 'v') and relname !~ '^pg_|^dd_'
test-# and pg_namespace.oid = relnamespace order by nspname,
test-# relname;
  relname | nspname | relkind
---------+---------+---------
  testt   | public  | r
(1 row)

and indeed the testt table was listed in the TCP stream.

I would say this is not a psqlodbc problem, but maybe some of you
might have come across it and found a solution.

Thanks for your time.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/